Hearing the voice prompt ‘The person you are calling has not set up voicemail’ when calling someone? Voicemail is an essential feature available in most phones (Android and iPhone) in the market right now.
If someone has set up voicemail, anyone calling them can record a voice message stored on their device or cloud if they cannot attend the call.
But what does this voice prompt mean, and why am I getting it when calling them? If you have ever encountered this voice prompt and are thinking of the same, we will help you. Let’s discuss more about it.
What Is The Meaning Of ‘The Person You Are Calling Has Not Set Up Voicemail’?
When you call someone but, for some reason, they do not respond to your call or reject it, then it will automatically be transferred to voicemail, where you can record your voice message, which they can hear whenever they get time.
But if you are getting the ‘The person you are calling has not set up voicemail’ voice prompt when calling someone, then there’s voicemail service attached to the person’s SIM (or account), but they haven’t set it up yet.
Getting this voice prompt means you won’t be able to deliver your voice message to them in the voicemail.
What Can Be The Reason Behind Getting ‘The Person You Are Calling Has Not Set Up Voicemail’?
If you are getting the ‘The person you are calling has not set up voicemail’ voice prompt, then it can be because of the following reasons-
- You will face this issue if the person has voicemail on their phone and their network carrier but they have not activated it.
- This can happen if the person you are trying to call has bought a new phone or switched to another network carrier.
- Either way, they must set up the voicemail again or wait for some time if they have already activated it.
- This issue can also be encountered if there’s some network or technical glitch at that person’s end or with their network carrier.
- If the person is using a very old device that does not support voicemail, then that can also cause this issue.
- Being in an area where the career has little to no service can also impact voicemail. If the person is currently in such an area, you will get ‘The person you are calling has not set up voicemail’ when trying to call them.
What Can Be Done To Solve ‘The Person You Are Calling Has Not Set Up Voicemail’ Issue?
There’s nothing you can do this solve this issue as this issue is not at your end. However, the person you call may not know that their voicemail is not set up.
You can try texting them or contacting them in any other way possible and let them know that their voicemail is not set up, and you are getting prompted with the voice message ‘The person you are calling has not set up voicemail’ whenever you are calling them.
If the person didn’t know about it, they can fix it after you tell them.
Should I Set up Voicemail?
Setting up voicemail is a complete option, but this has become a calling feature in all the smartphones released nowadays.
But what benefits does it have? There are a lot of benefits of setting up voicemail, such as:
- The first reason to set up voice mail is to manage missed calls. If you are often busy and cannot attend to most of your calls, setting up voicemails will allow callers to record voice messages whenever they call you.
- This way, you can listen to their message and call them back when you get the time.
- This also lets you know the caller’s intent.
- If someone keeps calling you for the wrong reasons and you don’t want to pick up their call because it will be a waste of time, their call will be redirected to voicemail.
- They will record their message; you can call them back if it is important.
- Voicemail also emphasizes professionalism. But how so? Suppose you have your own business, and your client keeps calling you while you are in a meeting.
- Your client can convey their message in the voicemail so you can call them back whenever possible.
- Voicemails are encrypted with passwords and keys. They are protected so that no one can access them without your permission.
- If the person has to give you an urgent message, they can deliver their message on voicemail.
- Even Apple has introduced a new live voicemail feature with iOS 17, which will show a voicemail transcript while the person is recording the message.
- If it is urgent, you can call them while they are recording the message.
We hope we helped you understand what ‘The person you are calling has not set up voicemail’ means. This is a common issue to be encountered while calling someone; you need not worry about facing it. If you have any more questions, you can contact us through the comment section below.