Discord is used by gamers(mostly) across the world. Discord forms a community of people having the same interest like gaming, fitness, development, and others.
This app is quite popular where you can join servers and chat with others over text message, voice call, and video call.
There might be instances when you want to know the IP address of someone on Discord. For instance, it can be to know the identity of the person.
If you think someone has created a fake account of your friend and is chatting with you then you can get their IP to know who they are.
If you want to get someone’s IP from Discord but you don’t know how to do so, then this article will help you with it.
In this article, we will be discussing various ways to get someone’s IP from Discord.
Ways To Get Someone’s IP From Discord
There are various ways to get someone’s IP from Discord then you can do it through Discord IP Resolver, Grabify, Command Prompt, or through Wireshark Packet Analyzer. Let’s discuss all of them-
#1. Discord IP Resolver
The very first way to get someone’s IP from discord is through the Discord IP resolver. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Open the Discord app on your PC.
- Here, click on the Settings icon at the bottom right next to your name.
- On the next page, click on the Advanced option on the left sidebar.
- On the right side, turn on the toggle for Developer Mode. Now, get back to the main page and view the profile. Right-click on the profile and then click on Copy ID option.
- Now, head to the Discord IP Resolver website by clicking on this link.
- Here, paste the Discord User ID you copied and click on the Resolve button.
- This will get the IP address of the user.
Note- For this method to work, the person whose IP you want to get must be online.
#2. Using Command Prompt
You can also use the Command Prompt to get someone’s IP address from Discord. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Run the Discord app on your PC. Ensure there are no other apps opened on your PC except for the Discord app.
- Now, start chatting with the person on Discord. They must be online if you want to grab the IP address.
- Now, press the Windows key on your keyboard, and search for CMD. Select Command Prompt and then click on Run as administrator. As you do so, do not close the Discord app.
- In the Command Prompt, type the command netstat-an and press Enter.
- You will get various TCP scripts along with the local address, foreign address, and state.
- Check for the codes whose State is marked as Established. At the bottom of the script, you will get the IP address of the person.
Grabify is a Discord IP Grabber which you can also use to get Discord’s IP address.
This will generate a link on which the user will have to click to get the IP address of the person.
To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open your browser and head to the Grabify website from here.
- You will now be asked to enter a link. Enter the link of music, video, website, or anything that you want Grabify to track when you share it with the user.
- Now click on the Create URL button to create a tracking URL.
- You will be asked to agree with the terms and conditions; click on the I Agree & Create URL.
- This will create a URL that you can copy. This will also have a tracking code, note it down somewhere.
- Now, head to Discord and start chatting with the target person. Talk to them and convince them to open the link you have to send them.
- Once they open the link, it will be recorded in Grabify.
- Open the Grabify website again and paste the tracking code that you noted earlier and then click on Tracking Code.
- You will now see all the details of the person including the date and time when they accessed the link, IP address, location, Host Name, ISP, and user agent.
#4. Wireshark Packet Analyzer
Another great tool to get the IP address of someone on Discord is Wireshark Packet Analyzer. To use this tool, follow the steps given below-
- Firstly, visit this site and download Wireshark from there. After you have downloaded the Wireshark software, install it on your PC.
- After installing Wireshark, launch it on your PC.
- Now, you will be asked to select the network that you want to use.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and search for CMD. Right-click on Command Prompt and then click on Run as Administrator to run Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
- In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig and press Enter. This will show you your IP address so that you are not confused with the IP address of the target user.
- Now, open the Discord app or open the Discord website on your browser on your PC. Begin the chat with the person.
- Now, open Wireshark while letting Discord stay open in the background. You will see some packages that are being sent to your device.
- This will include the IP address of the person as well but you will have to search for that.
These were some ways to get someone’s IP on Discord. Most of these methods only work while the user is online and chatting with you.
This option might not work when they are offline. We hope you find this article helpful and that this article helped you grab the IP address of the target user.
Is Discord Safe From Hackers?
Yes, Discord is safe from hackers and nobody can hack your account. It is because email verification is required when trying to sign into an account from a different IP.
Moreover, it has 2FA which adds to your account security.
What To Do If Someone Pulls My IP From Discord?
There’s nothing to be worried about even if someone has grabbed your IP. It is because ISPs provide dynamic IP addresses.
Also, these IP addresses are public IPs which means you will be sharing your IP address with multiple people.
Can I Get Someone’s IP From Discord?
Well, Discord doesn’t allow users to pull the IP address. You cannot get the IP address of someone directly from Discord but you can send links or use third-party apps to get the IP address.
We have already discussed the steps to do that in the article above.