Does PS4 keep disconnecting from Wi-Fi? For a good gaming experience, it is essential to connect your console to a Wi-Fi network.
A stable network ensures the timely update of games as well as syncing of data on your account. It can be quite frustrating when Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting on PS4.
Several reasons can lead to such as outdated firmware, corrupted database, incorrect DNS, etc, can lead to such issues.
Facing such issues is pretty common and there’s nothing to worry about even if you encounter this problem with your PS4.
How to Fix PS4 keeps disconnecting from WiFi
This article will guide you with troubleshooting steps to help fix the PS4 that keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi.
#1. Perform Connection Test
The very first thing that you should do is perform a connection test. This will check issues with the connection between your PS4 and your Wi-Fi and fix them. You can do so by following the steps given below-
- Open the Settings of your PS4.
- In the Settings window, select Network and open it.
- Now, select Test Internet Connection and then again select Test Internet Connection to test the network.
- Once done, check if the issue is still faced or not.
#2. Restart Your Router
Many times the issue may be with the router and not the PS4. You can try restarting your router and then see if you still face the issue.
- Press the Power Button on your router to turn off the router.
- Now, unplug the power cable from the socket.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and then plug back the power cable.
- Now, press the Power Button on your router again to turn on the router.
- Connect the Wi-Fi to the PS4 and see if you are still facing the issue or not.
#3. Restart Your PS4
Temporary glitches and bugs on the PS4 can also cause such issues. Restarting your PS4 should fix this issue if caused due to bugs. You can reset your PS4 through the steps mentioned below-
- Open Quick Menu on your PS4.
- Here, on the left sidebar, select the Power tab.
- On the right side, select Turn Off PS4. This will power off your PS4.
- Unplug the PS4 from the power source.
- Wait for some time, and then plug PS4 into the power source again.
- Now, turn on the PS4 again. This should most probably fix the issue.
#4. Rebuild The Database Of PS4
Corrupted data files may also be the reason behind facing this issue. If that’s the case then you can try rebuilding the database. This will scan and fix all the corrupted files on your PS4. This method will not remove your data but fix the corrupted data files. To rebuild the database of PS4, follow the steps given below-
- Press and hold the Power button on your PS4. Wait till you hear two beeps, and upon the second beep release the power button. This will take boot your PS4 into safe mode.
- Here, select option 5 which says Rebuild Database.
- Wait till the process is complete. This may take some time depending on the amount of data stored on your drive.
- Once done, normally restart your PS4 and check whether you are still facing the issue.
#5. Change DNS Configuration
Incorrect DNS configuration is another reason why PS4 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi. You can change the DNS configuration to fix this issue. This can be done by following the steps given below-
- Open the Settings on your PS4.
- Select Network and then select Setup Internet Connection.
- Now, select the Use Wi-Fi option.
- After this, select Custom and then select Automatic.
- In the DHCP Host Name, select Do Not Specify.
- Next, in the DNS Settings, select Manual.
- Set the Primary DNS as 22.214.171.124 and the Secondary DNS as 126.96.36.199
- Once done, you will be headed to MTU Settings; select Automatic here.
- Now, in the Proxy Server, select Do Not Use.
#6. Update The Firmware Of The PS4
Outdated firmware is equally responsible for causing this issue. If PS4 keeps disconnecting from the Wi-Fi, then try updating your firmware to the latest version. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the firmware of your PS4-
- Head to the Settings menu on your PS4, and then select System Software Update.
- Select Update Now to download and install any update available.
- Once done, restart your console to save the changes.
#7. Restore PS4 To Default Settings
Incorrect settings may also cause this issue. If this is what’s causing the issue then restoring the PS4 to default settings should fix it. This step will only restore the settings to the default value and not delete your data from the console. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Press and hold the Power button on your console. Do this until you hear the two beeps, and release the button after the second beep.
- Your PS4 console will not be booted to safe mode.
- Here, select option 4 which says Restore Default Settings.
- This will restore the settings of your PS4 to the default value.
#8. Reinstall The Game
Many users have reported that they are facing this issue with a particular game. To check whether the issue is faced on a particular game, try playing some other game on Wi-Fi. If you are facing issues with a particular game then try restarting the game to fix the issue. If that doesn’t help, then reinstall that game. You can reinstall the game by following the steps given below-
- Open the Menu on your PS4 and select the game you are facing the problem with.
- Now, press the Options button on your PS4 controller.
- Select the Delete option from the menu that opens up, and then select Confirm to delete the game.
- Once done, open the PlayStation Store and download the game. If you have a physical disc for the game, then install the game from that disc.
#9. Connect Your PS4 To Router Through Ethernet Cable
If Wi-Fi still keeps on disconnecting from Wi-Fi then you can connect your PS4 to your router through the ethernet cable. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Connect your router to your PS4 through an ethernet cable and turn on both your router and your PS4.
- Now, head to Settings on PS4.
- Here, select Network and then select Set Up Internet Connection.
- Now, select Use LAN Cable and then Easy.
These were all the ways to help if PS4 keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi. If you are facing issues with PS4 and it disconnects from Wi-Fi constantly then the above steps should help fix the issue.
Ensure you follow the steps carefully and do not miss out on any step. If this article helped you with what you were looking for, then do let us know in the comment section.