If you have used an Oppo or a Realme phone, you might know about ColorOS. It is an Android-based custom OS developed for Oppo and Realme phones.
Though Realme phones nowadays use Realme UI, earlier, they also used to come with ColorOS.
However, the current Realme UI has some features from Color OS. If you are using an Oppo or a Realme phone, you might have come across com.coloros.safecenter.
You might be wondering what it is if you have come across it.
It is a security app that can help clean storage, scan your device for viruses, and control various security aspects.
Many consider it to be a virus that can cause issues on their device.
If you clicked on this article looking for what com.coloros.safecenter is, this article is for you.
In this article, we will be discussing com.coloros.safecenter.
What is com.coloros.safecenter?
com.coloros.safecenter performs various functions.
Some of its functions/features are:
- It can clear all the unnecessary data from the device. For instance, it can clear all the big files, cache, downloaded files, and more.
- You can also set permissions using the Safe Center on your device.
- For instance, you can set notification permissions, photos, videos, and other permissions.
- You can also use Safe Center to scan your device for the virus.
- This Safe Center also ensures secure payment when making any transactions online.
- You can also clear up the RAM on your device using it.
Is com.coloros.safecenter a virus?
No, com.coloros.safecenter is not a virus. It is entirely safe.
Many people might think of it as a virus or some unknown folder that might interrupt the proper functioning of your device, but it is not.
com.coloros.safecenter is completely safe.
This does not impose some risk on your device, so you can be worry-free about it.
Many consider Safe Center bloatware on Oppo and Realme phones, but that is also incorrect.
com.coloros.safecenter is a part of ColorOS that the Oppo and Realme phones come with and perform several essential functions of the device.
How To Uninstall com.coloros.safecenter?
Safe Center is a system app on Oppo and Realme devices, so you cannot uninstall it like a regular app.
However, specific ways can help you uninstall com.coloros.safecenter. If you want to uninstall it, then you can follow the steps given below:
Through System App Remover (If Your Device Is Rooted)
If your device is rooted, then you can uninstall com.coloros.safecenter through the System App Remover. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Open the Play Store on your phone first.
- Here, search for System App Remover and tap on the first option.
- Tap on the Install button to install the app on your phone.
- Now, open the System App Remover app on your phone.
- Now, look for com.coloros.safecenter here and check the checkbox next to it.
- Next, tap on Uninstall option, and this will uninstall this app.
Through ADB (If Your Device Is Not Rooted)
If your device is not rooted, but you still want to uninstall it, then you can do so by following the steps given below:
- Open the Settings app on your phone.
- Here, tap on System and then on About Phone. Now, repeatedly tap on Build Number 5-6 times until you see the ‘You are now a developer!’ message at the bottom of your screen.
- When you see this message, developer mode will be turned on.
- Now, head back to the main menu of Settings and then tap on Developer Options.
- You will see the USB Debugging option here; enable it.
- Now, download the ADB and fastboot tools for Windows. You can download it from this link.
- Now, extract the ADB tool ZIP file and open the extracted folder on your PC.
- Right-click on the blank space on this folder, click on Show More Options and then click on Open In Terminal.
- Now, connect your phone to your PC through the USB cable.
- In the Terminal, type adb devices and press Enter.
- You will see the serial number of your device here, which will ensure your device is connected to your PC.
- Now, type the command adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com.coloros.safecenter and press Enter to execute it.
- This will uninstall the app from your device.
That’s all about the com.coloros.safecenter on Oppo and Realme phones. If you were worried about the app being unsafe, you need not worry about it.
com.coloros.safecenter is entirely safe, and you need not worry about it.
We have discussed the features of the Safe Center app on your Oppo or Realme phone and how you can uninstall this app from your device.
What are the features of com.coloros.safecenter?
Safe Center is the security app on Oppo and Realme devices. This app helps scan your phone for viruses, clear RAM, clean up big files, and perform various other tasks.
Does com.coloros.safecenter have high Battery Usage?
No, Safe Center does not have high battery usage. This app works at low battery consumption and helps keep your phone secure. The app works to optimize your device’s performance while keeping the battery consumption less.
Do I Need To Be Worried About com.coloros.safecenter?
No, you need not be worried about the com.coloros.safecenter app. The app is completely safe and protects your device from viruses. Also, this helps optimize the performance of your device.